the come up



It seems right now that things are on the up for me, in all aspects of life. A few minutes ago I found myself watching all the videos I recorded in Photo Booth on my laptop in the past two years. It's incredible to think of how much I've experienced since then, and how different my life is at this point in time. But the most miraculous differences are not in where I'm living, what I'm doing for work, or anything like that.

They're in my own well being. When I look back at those videos. Holy shit. I was 15 pounds heavier, skin broken out like crazy... I just didn't look good. No, it's not about what's on the outside, but -- more often than not -- the outside is a direct reflection of the inside, and it's crazy to see.

I was stressed. I was working too hard. I was eating shit. Gluten overload and so many processed foods. I was using beauty products that were far from natural. I wasn't doing any physical activity. I was partying. I was anxious. I wasn't... truly... happy. Something was off. Everything was off. I was fearful of life. Stuck in a whirlwind that was swallowing me whole. I didn't know what to do.

But, now...

I'm the least stressed I've ever been. I'm taking it easy. I'm eating so well. No grains, nothing processed. Everything from the earth. Everything the highest quality I can get. Natural beauty products galore. I work out incredibly hard 3-4 times a week. I hardly party; I certainly don't drink. Anxiety: almost fully gone. No, I'm not totally healed, but I feel happier and healthier with every waking morning. I'm getting back on track. Things are falling into place. Opportunities are arising.

Life doesn't scare me. It makes me feel excited.

You guys, this isn't just about me. This is about all of us. It's about you. Take it from me, because I've fucking been there, and I'm sure you have too. You have to take care of yourself.

You have to.

I'm not sure you're hearing me.

Take care of yourself. Every day. Put yourself first. It's not selfish -- it's just the opposite. Once you put care into yourself -- the amount of care you deserve -- everything else starts to fall into place. It becomes easier, more natural, to care for those around you. The love just flows. You don't have to try.

Making the shift -- the conscious decision -- to take care of yourself... is one of the most difficult things you'll ever do.

Maybe you're reading these words and nodding your head. Maybe you know you need to put more care into yourself. Your body. Your life.

But will you do it? Nod with me. Smile. Make the decision right now, and fucking put that idea into action. Your life is right here and right now, and you deserve to live the happiest one possible.

No more excuses. Don't create hurdles where hurdles don't have to be. They're likely just an illusion created by your mind out of fear anyway. What is the point of being fearful? What good has it ever done? You're smart. You know you are. Decide what's important to you. Embrace what's positive, get rid of what's negative.

Are you ready? Let's go.

Photos by Charlotte.

No comments:

Post a Comment