vibes

This afternoon, I found myself laying on a blanket in a small patch of sun on the grass in my yard. As I laid there, echoing in my head were the words of the beautiful Lilavati, my yoga teacher // Ayurveda practicioner // life goddess // second mother, who lives in Philly. I imagined hearing her instruct me to let go of all the stress that accumulated in this day, to free myself from every little rigid structure that I may be holding onto, as it does not serve me in this moment. And that's when it hit me. There was nothing to let go of. I couldn't think of one stressful thing that happened in this day. Yes I worked out hard this morning at my sister's boot camp class; sure there was the issue where I didn't know how I was going to package the giant dreamcatcher that had to be sent all the way to Paris today; no I don't know what I plan to do with my future; you bet I'm about to feel the wrath of two recent car accidents in my insurance payments very soon; of course money is still an ongoing issue; absolutely my physical health is still in question at this moment. But you know what? None of these things are adding an overwhelming amount of stress to my life in this moment. None of these things seem to really be adding any noticeable amount of stress at all. Will I feel the same tomorrow? I have no idea. But I do know that lately my life seems to be replacing discomfort with ease more and more as each moment passes. And I could not possibly be happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment