the little things


I've always been one to get extra excited about life's little things. Namely, beauty products. I love beauty in every form, and although I think everyone is beautiful in their natural state, I can't help but to feel extra beautiful when dousing my hair with something that makes it look, feel, and smell irresistible. I used to have bottles and bottles of beauty products overflowing my cabinets, shower, bedroom, and anywhere else. It was like an addiction. But slowly I began to realize that maybe it wasn't in my best interest to cover my body in chemicals on the daily, all in the name of beauty. Nay, as with everything, there is a much more natural way to do it. And I'm happy to say that these days, the products I use are predominately natural. It's been -- and continues to be -- a gradual learning experience, but for the most part, I feel good about what I put on my body, and that feels fucking great. I've also decreased my beauty product stash to about 10% of what it used to be. No joke. Here's some of what I'm loving these days...

Jason Vitamin E Oil // For those damn acne and bug bite scars that never seem to leave. I started using this a week or two ago, and guess what? They're leaving.
Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar // For the face and body blemishes I've been battling for 14 years. Along with my new minimal-stress life, recent healthy eating, and a few more products from this incredible goddess, my skin is actually starting to clear up. I can't even believe it.
Alaffia Authentic African Black Soap // For the most invigorating showers I've ever had. My girl Naomi turned me on to African black soap, and now I can't get off it. I use the tangerine-scented one -- for body wash as well as shaving -- and it is such a treat.
Aura Cacia Organic Bergamot Essential Oil // For uplifting the spirit yet calming the soul all at once. I usually put a few drops on my wrist, and then a couple on my fingertips that I vigorously massage into my scalp right quick. Then I carry the bottle around with me and take a sniff whenever the mood strikes. This stuff is gold.
Giovanni Frizz Be Gone Hair Serum // For the smoothest, shiniest, softest locks I've ever experienced. I have to be honest, this stuff is not 100% natural. There are a couple ingredients on that label that scare me, but I don't use it every day, and it's certainly more natural than a lot of other serums out there.
Desert Essence Natural Tea Tree Oil & Neem Toothpaste // For the most naturally-clean-feeling mouth I've had. I actually just bought this for the first time today, and I'm in love. No fluoride, kids! Just the good stuff.
Swissco Tortoise Toothbrush // Because, come on, it's beautiful. I've been on the hunt for a good-looking toothbrush that didn't cost a fortune for years, and I finally spotted this one at Whole Foods for, like, $5. SOLD. I'm obsessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment